Saturday, November 14, 2020

A Quick Look: UNKNOWN TERROR


   UNKNOWN TERROR remains one of the more obscure 50's monster/science fiction thrillers. Originally released in Regalescope, the film tells of a journey to a jungle laboratory built above a vast cavern populated with a fungus which invades and consumes all living tissue. Similar in some ways to the more exciting CALTIKI, THE IMMORTAL MONSTER, the two films can kinda fade together in your memory if you haven't screened one in a while. I'm due for another look at UNKNOWN TERROR, myself, but my recollections are of a film rather bland until it's final reels. Of course, a wide-scope movie suffers from being cropped for television. If a scope version exists, I'm not aware of it yet. Just the same, I'd love to see such a film get the full treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment