Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm in the movies!


    Behold, a preview of things to come! 

   I was in the right place at the right time, and holding the right knowledge (which means I had looked at the right catalog and remembered the ad on the back), to help young Joshua Kennedy find a distributor for his loving tribute to drive-in science fiction, ATTACK OF THE OCTOPUS PEOPLE. The film is currently available from Alpha New Cinema, and has even been nominated for a Rondo Hatton Award this year! As Josh and I share so many passions for obscure genre fare, we thought it natural to team up. I can write, and Josh has all those other things directors need, like actors and film equipment and the like!

   The above photo is a preview I got of our first collaboration, VOYAGE TO THE PLANET OF TEENAGE CAVEWOMEN, a play on all those Italian space operas of the 60's. I provided the script for this exercise, and I'm quite anxious to see what Josh has done with my words. The photo looks pretty snappy, so I'm even more anxious to see the final film (still currently in production in the great State of Texas).

   VOYAGE TO THE PLANET OF TEENAGE CAVEWOMEN may boast the claim of being the first science fiction film about teenagers to actually feature teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment