Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Quick Look: THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE (1967 - color)


   I even have a testimony connected to this one! I remember looking through a catalog that used an image of this film's poster art, and I casually told God that I'd love to have a poster for THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE. I was thinking a half-sheet or window card when I said it. Not long after, a one-sheet for the film was gifted to me! Thank you, Father! As to the film itself, my copy's box refers to the movie as a cross between The Avengers and INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS. That's actually a pretty accurate assessment! Robert Hutton plays a scientist who, by virtue of a metal plate in his skull, cannot have his body taken over by invisible invaders who spread a plague through the English country side to hide their secret project. Pretty nifty 60's British science fiction. I do need to upgrade my print, though, as a pristine scope version aired on TCM once and it blows my copy out of the water. Problem is, it's a public domain film, so I don't know which release to hunt down in order to find a superior transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment