Monday, August 13, 2018

A Quick Look: VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET (1960)


   One of Jerry Lewis' earlier solo films was a charming comedy called VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET. In the film, Jerry plays a rebellious Martian who wants to study Earth up close. He gets his chance when he's stranded in a typical American small town gripped by flying saucer fever. Fun little adventure pokes fun at small-town politics moreso than science fiction conventions. The climax seems rather abrupt as I recall, and as a kid I was under the impression that I'd never finished the movie! Very obscure, and this is a movie you'd think would be one of Jerry's more visible offerings. May've been issued on VHS at one point, but last I checked it was still unreleased on DVD. The only print I have access to is a Super 8 print, which for some inexplicable reason was printed on color film stock! What's worse, the color turned so the black and white movie is now red!

No comments:

Post a Comment